The Franklin Post Office was built in 1925 and is important to the surrounding community, the building is named after Benjamin Franklin. It is a contributing building to the history of the town and is located at one of the town’s main intersections.
The post office had moved its base of operations to the outskirts and wanted to demolish the old building, in direct conflict with the community who wanted to see the building still be used. When the destruction was announced the community made a grassroots movement to stop it and drew public attention to the site.
The building was transferred to the county where other organizations continue to run a postal station within the building.
The case of Franklin Post Office is a case that shows a community coming together to save a building that they considered important.